Definition of Jaipur
1 former state of northwestern India, now part of Rajasthan
2 city in northwestern India population 3,046,163
Note: The city of Jaipur formerly served as capital of the state of Jaipur and is now the capital of Rajasthan.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- What's that Smell?! Quiz Take the quiz
- Farm Idioms Quiz Take the quiz
- Name That Thing Take the quiz
- Dictionary Devil Play the game