Definition of Jacobin
1 : dominican
2 [ French, from Jacobin Dominican; from the group's founding in the Dominican convent in Paris ] : a member of an extremist or radical political group especially : a member of such a group advocating egalitarian democracy and engaging in terrorist activities during the French Revolution of 1789
Keep scrolling for more
an act or instance of editing or removing
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- 12 Words For A Lunar Travelogue
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 7/19/19
- On ‘Perpetrate’ and ‘Perpetuate’
- 13 Verbs From The Breakfast Table
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?