Definition of Jacksonville
1 city in central Arkansas northeast of Little Rock population 28,364
2 city in northeastern Florida near the mouth of the Saint Johns River; the state's most populous city population 821,784
3 city in eastern North Carolina population 70,145
Note: Jacksonville is the site of Camp Lejeune Marine Corps Base.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Farm Idioms Quiz Take the quiz
- Up in the Sky: A Quiz Take the quiz
- Name That Thing Take the quiz
- SCRABBLE® Sprint Play the game