Definition of Jacksonville
1 city in central Arkansas northeast of Little Rock population 28,364
2 city in northeastern Florida near the mouth of the Saint Johns River; the state's most populous city population 821,784
3 city in eastern North Carolina population 70,145
Note: Jacksonville is the site of Camp Lejeune Marine Corps Base.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- The Wayward Cousins of 'Irregardless'
- Different Words for Luggage and Baggage
- Rapping on 'Bad Rap' and 'Bad Rep' (and 'Bad Wrap')
- 'Confuzzled': A Not So Confusing Definition
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Time Traveler Quiz: Which Word Came First? Take the quiz
- Slippery Words Quiz—Changing with the Times Take the quiz
- Name That Thing Take the quiz
- Word Winder's CrossWinder Play the game