Iwo Jimageographical name
Definition of Iwo Jima
island in the western Pacific, one of the Volcano Islands of Japan area 8 square miles (21 square kilometers)
Note: Iwo Jima was the scene of fierce fighting towards the end of World War II.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Word Puzzles Take the quiz
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Syn City Play the game