Issyk Kulgeographical name
variants: or Ysyk-Köl
Definition of Issyk Kul
lake 115 miles (185 kilometers) long in northeastern Kyrgyzstan area 2355 square miles (6099 square kilometers)
showing great care, attention, and effort
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Finance Words Quiz Take the quiz
- Namesakes Word Quiz Take the quiz
- How Strong Is Your Vocabulary? Take the quiz
- Word Winder's CrossWinder Play the game