Definition of Isobryales
: a large widely distributed order of Musci comprising mosses that have branched creeping gametophores on which the leaves are so twisted as to appear to be in two rows and usually pleurocarpous sporophytes with erect capsule and double peristome
Keep scrolling for more
incapable of being surmounted or overcome
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Words for Summer: A Quiz Take the quiz
- Finance Words Quiz Take the quiz
- How Strong Is Your Vocabulary? Take the quiz
- SCRABBLE® Sprint Play the game