Is·chy·ro·my·i·dae | \ ˌiskə̇rōˈmīəˌdē\
Definition of Ischyromyidae
: a family of primitive extinct sciuromorph rodents widely distributed in the northern hemisphere from the Lower Eocene to the Upper Oligocene, distantly related to the mountain beaver, and distinguished by low-crowned generalized cheek teeth
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- 7 Words Related to "Work"
- The Parts of the Fruit: Seed, Pericarp, and More
- The Trick to Choosing 'Pawn Off' or 'Palm Off'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 9/13/19
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?