Is·chy·ro·my·i·dae | \ ˌiskə̇rōˈmīəˌdē\
Definition of Ischyromyidae
: a family of primitive extinct sciuromorph rodents widely distributed in the northern hemisphere from the Lower Eocene to the Upper Oligocene, distantly related to the mountain beaver, and distinguished by low-crowned generalized cheek teeth
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- Is the Word 'Freshman' Going Out of Style?
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 8/23/19
- Getting to the Heart of 'Epicenter'
- 'Conscience' vs. 'Conscious': Let Us Be Your Guide
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?