Definition of Iowa
1 river 291 miles (468 kilometers) long in the state of Iowa flowing southeast into the Mississippi River
2 state of the central U.S. between the Mississippi River on the east and the Missouri River on the west; capital Des Moines area 56,275 square miles (145,752 square kilometers), population 3,046,355
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- 'Bounty Hunter': A Hollywood Invention
- Casting Light on 'Angel'
- Words We're Watching: 'Lewk'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 11/8/19
Ask the Editors
- Confusing Words—A Quiz Take the quiz
- Here Be Dragons: A Creature Identification Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Add Diction Play the game