variants: or Ilokano
plural Ilocano or Ilocanos or Ilokano or Ilokanos
Definition of Ilocano
1 : a member of a major people of northern Luzon in the Philippines
2 : the Austronesian language of the Ilocano people
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Word Puzzles Take the quiz
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Dictionary Devil Play the game