Iditarod Trailgeographical name
Definition of Iditarod Trail
route system in Alaska usable only during the winter, extending 1100 miles (1770 kilometers) from Seward to Nome, and site of the annual Iditarod Trail Sled Dog Race
Note: Originally used by gold prospectors, the Iditarod Trail was set aside in 1978 as the Iditarod National Historic Trail.
an act or instance of editing or removing
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- 12 Words For A Lunar Travelogue
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 7/19/19
- On ‘Perpetrate’ and ‘Perpetuate’
- 13 Verbs From The Breakfast Table
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?