Iditarod Trailgeographical name
Definition of Iditarod Trail
route system in Alaska usable only during the winter, extending 1100 miles (1770 kilometers) from Seward to Nome, and site of the annual Iditarod Trail Sled Dog Race
Note: Originally used by gold prospectors, the Iditarod Trail was set aside in 1978 as the Iditarod National Historic Trail.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- Summer Reading Picks from Merriam-Webster Staffers
- The Wayward Cousins of 'Irregardless'
- Different Words for Luggage and Baggage
- Rapping on 'Bad Rap' and 'Bad Rep' (and 'Bad Wrap')
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Time Traveler Quiz: Which Word Came First? Take the quiz
- Slippery Words Quiz—Changing with the Times Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- SCRABBLE® Sprint Play the game