Ich·a·bod | \ ˈikəˌbäd\
Definition of Ichabod
—used to express regret for departed glory a refreshingly cheerful note in the thundering chorus whose burden is “Ichabod”— G. W. Johnson
Keep scrolling for more
to form ideas or theories about something
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Farm Idioms Quiz Take the quiz
- Up in the Sky: A Quiz Take the quiz
- Name That Thing Take the quiz
- SCRABBLE® Sprint Play the game