Definition of IJsselmeer
freshwater lake in the northern part of the Netherlands that is separated from the North Sea by a dike and bordered by reclaimed lands
Note: The IJsselmeer is part of the former Zuider Zee (an inlet of the North Sea).
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- 'Bounty Hunter': A Hollywood Invention
- Casting Light on 'Angel'
- Words We're Watching: 'Lewk'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 11/8/19
Ask the Editors
- Confusing Words—A Quiz Take the quiz
- Here Be Dragons: A Creature Identification Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Add Diction Play the game