I'll eat my hatidiom
Definition of I'll eat my hat
informal + old-fashioned
—used to say that something will not happen or cannot be true If he wins the election, I'll eat my hat!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Farm Idioms Quiz Take the quiz
- Up in the Sky: A Quiz Take the quiz
- True or False? Take the quiz
- Syn City Play the game