I'd (just) like to see him tryidiom
Definition of I'd (just) like to see him try
—used to say that another person has no chance of succeeding at something "He thinks he can beat you." "I'd (just) like to see him try!"
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Words from Greek and Latin Quiz Take the quiz
- Name That Thing: Animal Edition Take the quiz
- How Strong Is Your Vocabulary? Take the quiz
- Citation Play the game