I should/would thinkidiom
Definition of I should/would think
1 —used to say that one believes that something is true, that a particular situation exists, that something will happen, etc. "Is she still in college?" "Well, yes. I should/would think so."
2 —used to express one's opinion that something should exist or happen I should/would think he would apologize.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- The Provenance of 'Providence'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 8/16/19
- Lovelock to Trichologist: 8 Words About Hair
- The Haiku That Can Pay You Contest Winners
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Summer 2019 Words of the Day Quiz Take the quiz
- Obscure Shapes Take the quiz
- True or False? Take the quiz
- SCRABBLE® Sprint Play the game