I don't supposeidiom
Definition of I don't suppose
—used as a polite way of asking someone if they did something or will do something I don't suppose you could help me make dinner?I don't suppose you found the keys, did you?
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Word Puzzles Take the quiz
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Add Diction Play the game