I don't knowidiom
Definition of I don't know
1 —used to say that one does not have the information someone is asking for "What time does the library close?" "I don't know."
2 informal —used to express disagreement, doubt, or uncertainty "I don't like that guy." "Oh, I don't know, he's not really so bad."She thinks we should go now, but I don't know. Maybe we should wait.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 8/23/19
- Getting to the Heart of 'Epicenter'
- 'Conscience' vs. 'Conscious': Let Us Be Your Guide
- It's a Scorcher! Words for the Summer Heat
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Summer 2019 Words of the Day Quiz Take the quiz
- Obscure Shapes Take the quiz
- True or False? Take the quiz
- Add Diction Play the game