I ask youidiom
Definition of I ask you
—used before or after a question when one wants agreement or sympathy Look at that hat! Who would wear such a thing, I ask you?(Now) I ask you, is that fair?
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Finance Words Quiz Take the quiz
- Namesakes Word Quiz Take the quiz
- True or False? Take the quiz
- Citation Play the game