Hy·pot·ri·cha | \ hīˈpä‧trə̇kə\
Definition of Hypotricha
: a suborder of Spirotricha comprising ciliates that have cilia only on the ventral surface and usually fused to cirri and that often have tactile bristles on the dorsum — compare euplotes , oxytricha , stylonychia
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- Do You 'Rein In' or 'Reign In' Something?
- Tiger Mom, Helicopter Parent, and More Words for Parenting Types
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 6/21/19
- An Overview of the Contronym 'Overlook'
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Words for Summer: A Quiz Take the quiz
- Finance Words Quiz Take the quiz
- How Strong Is Your Vocabulary? Take the quiz
- Syn City Play the game