Hy·po·hip·pus | \ -pəs\
Definition of Hypohippus
: a genus of extinct long-necked long-bodied short-limbed horses showing adaptations for life in forests and known from remains found in the Miocene of America and the Pliocene of China
Keep scrolling for more
standardized text or formulaic language
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Finance Words Quiz Take the quiz
- Namesakes Word Quiz Take the quiz
- How Strong Is Your Vocabulary? Take the quiz
- SCRABBLE® Sprint Play the game