Hyp·nea | \ ˈhipnēə\
Definition of Hypnea
: a genus (the type of the family Hypneaceae) comprising red algae of the order Gigartinales that have a thallus of terete fleshy branches with the tips curving inward like tendrils and that include one (H. musciformis) which is occasionally used as a source of agar
Keep scrolling for more
showing great care, attention, and effort
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Finance Words Quiz Take the quiz
- Namesakes Word Quiz Take the quiz
- Name That Thing Take the quiz
- Syn City Play the game