Hy·me·no·gas·tra·les | \ -ā(ˌ)lēz\
Definition of Hymenogastrales
: an order of gasteromycetous fungi (subclass Homobasidiomycetes) having a distinct basidiocarp with a usually fleshy or waxy gleba which remains closed at least until after the basidia have discharged the basidiospores
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- 'Bounty Hunter': A Hollywood Invention
- Casting Light on 'Angel'
- Words We're Watching: 'Lewk'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 11/8/19
Ask the Editors
- Confusing Words—A Quiz Take the quiz
- Here Be Dragons: A Creature Identification Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Add Diction Play the game