Hy·me·no·gas·tra·les | \ -ā(ˌ)lēz\
Definition of Hymenogastrales
: an order of gasteromycetous fungi (subclass Homobasidiomycetes) having a distinct basidiocarp with a usually fleshy or waxy gleba which remains closed at least until after the basidia have discharged the basidiospores
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Word Puzzles Take the quiz
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Dictionary Devil Play the game