Hy·dro·dic·ty·on | \ -ˈdiktēˌän\
Definition of Hydrodictyon
: a genus (the type of the family Hydrodictyaceae) of unicellular freshwater green algae of the order Chlorococcales that associate in colonies of cylindrical multinucleate cells joined by their ends into pentagonal meshes which are linked in a continuous elongate saccular network often reaching a length of 20 centimeters
Keep scrolling for more
to form ideas or theories about something
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Farm Idioms Quiz Take the quiz
- Up in the Sky: A Quiz Take the quiz
- Name That Thing Take the quiz
- Bee Cubed Play the game