Hy·dro·dic·ty·on | \ -ˈdiktēˌän \
Definition of Hydrodictyon
: a genus (the type of the family Hydrodictyaceae) of unicellular freshwater green algae of the order Chlorococcales that associate in colonies of cylindrical multinucleate cells joined by their ends into pentagonal meshes which are linked in a continuous elongate saccular network often reaching a length of 20 centimeters
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why is there a 'd' in 'fridge' but not in 'refrigerator'?
- 'All Intensive Purposes' or 'All Intents and Purposes'?
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Name that Thing: Dog Breeds Take the quiz
- Words You Should Know Quiz, Vol. 1 Take the quiz
- Name That Thing Take the quiz
- Word Winder's CrossWinder Play the game