Hudsonbiographical name (1)
Definition of Hudson
(Entry 1 of 4)
Henry died 1611 English navigator and explorer
Hudsonbiographical name (2)
Definition of Hudson (Entry 2 of 4)
Manley Ottmer 1886–1960 American jurist
Hudsonbiographical name (3)
Definition of Hudson (Entry 3 of 4)
W(illiam) H(enry) 1841–1922 English naturalist and writer
Definition of Hudson (Entry 4 of 4)
1 river 306 miles (492 kilometers) long in eastern New York flowing from the Adirondack Mountains south into New York Bay between New Jersey and New York City
2 town across the Merrimack River from Nashua in southern New Hampshire population 24,467
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why is there a 'd' in 'fridge' but not in 'refrigerator'?
- 'All Intensive Purposes' or 'All Intents and Purposes'?
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Name that Thing: Dog Breeds Take the quiz
- Words You Should Know Quiz, Vol. 1 Take the quiz
- True or False? Take the quiz
- SCRABBLE® Sprint Play the game