Definition of Holothurioidea
: a class of echinoderms comprising the sea cucumbers and having a more or less elongate form usually with well-marked bilateral symmetry and differentiated dorsal and ventral surfaces, a flexible but tough and muscular body with the skeleton reduced to scattered ossicles or spicules, a water-vascular system with radial ambulacral vessels and tube feet for creeping, respiratory trees, Cuvierian organs, and strong branched tentacles about the mouth — compare trepang
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why is there a 'd' in 'fridge' but not in 'refrigerator'?
- 'All Intensive Purposes' or 'All Intents and Purposes'?
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Name that Thing: Dog Breeds Take the quiz
- Words You Should Know Quiz, Vol. 1 Take the quiz
- How Strong Is Your Vocabulary? Take the quiz
- Word Winder's CrossWinder Play the game