Hol·o·so·ma·ta | \ ˌhälōˈsōmətə, ˌhōl-, -ˈsäm-\
Definition of Holosomata
in some classifications
: a division of ascidians comprising compound ascidians with zooids of which the bodies are not divided into regions and sometimes including the simple ascidians
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- The Provenance of 'Providence'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 8/16/19
- Lovelock to Trichologist: 8 Words About Hair
- The Haiku That Can Pay You Contest Winners
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?