Definition of Hiroshima
city and port on the Inland Sea in southwestern Honshu, Japan population 1,173,843
Note: Hiroshima was mostly destroyed when the U.S. dropped the first atomic bomb used in warfare on August 6, 1945.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Words from Greek and Latin Quiz Take the quiz
- Name That Thing: Animal Edition Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- SCRABBLE® Sprint Play the game