Hip·po·si·de·ros | \ ˌhi(ˌ)pōsə̇ˈdirəs, -ˌsīˈd- \
Definition of Hipposideros
: a large genus (the type of the family Hipposideridae) of horseshoe bats comprising some 40 species and ranging from northwest Africa to the Philippines and Australia
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why is there a 'd' in 'fridge' but not in 'refrigerator'?
- 'All Intensive Purposes' or 'All Intents and Purposes'?
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Name that Thing: Dog Breeds Take the quiz
- Words You Should Know Quiz, Vol. 1 Take the quiz
- How Strong Is Your Vocabulary? Take the quiz
- Word Winder's CrossWinder Play the game