Himalayas, thegeographical name
Definition of Himalayas, the
mountains in southern Asia on the border between India and Tibet and in Kashmir, Nepal, and Bhutan — see everest, mount
Note: Six of the seven tallest mountains in the world are located in the Himalayas.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- The Provenance of 'Providence'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 8/16/19
- Lovelock to Trichologist: 8 Words About Hair
- The Haiku That Can Pay You Contest Winners
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?