Hi·lar·ia | \ hə̇ˈla(a)rēə, hīˈ-\
Definition of Hilaria
(Entry 1 of 2)
: an imperial Roman festival of the cult of Cybele held on the vernal equinox to celebrate the renewal of life on earth in the spring symbolized by the resurrection of the god Attis
Definition of Hilaria (Entry 2 of 2)
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- Is the Word 'Freshman' Going Out of Style?
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 8/23/19
- Getting to the Heart of 'Epicenter'
- 'Conscience' vs. 'Conscious': Let Us Be Your Guide
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?