Highlands of the Hudsongeographical name
variants: or Hudson Highlands
Definition of Highlands of the Hudson
hilly region of southeastern New York on both sides of the Hudson River
Note: The Highlands of the Hudson includes Storm King, which is located west of the Hudson and peaks at 1355 feet (413 meters).
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- The Provenance of 'Providence'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 8/16/19
- Lovelock to Trichologist: 8 Words About Hair
- The Haiku That Can Pay You Contest Winners
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Summer 2019 Words of the Day Quiz Take the quiz
- Obscure Shapes Take the quiz
- How Strong Is Your Vocabulary? Take the quiz
- Word Winder's CrossWinder Play the game