Het·er·o·spo·re·ae | \ ˌhetərōˈspōrēˌē\
Definition of Heterosporeae
in some classifications
: a primary subdivision of Pteridophyta including the Lycopodiaceae and Equisetaceae and producing two kinds of asexual spores
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Advanced Vocabulary Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Dictionary Devil Play the game