Het·er·o·si·pho·na·les | \ ¦hetərōˌsīfəˈnā(ˌ)lēz\
Definition of Heterosiphonales
: an order of yellow-green algae comprising the siphonaceous members of the class Xanthophyceae and including the single genus Botrydium
Keep scrolling for more
to affect and impair by alcohol or a drug
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Words from Greek and Latin Quiz Take the quiz
- Name That Thing: Animal Edition Take the quiz
- How Strong Is Your Vocabulary? Take the quiz
- Syn City Play the game