Definition of Hesse
(Entry 1 of 2)
Definition of Hesse (Entry 2 of 2)
Note: Hesse-Cassel was united with Prussia in 1866 as part of the province of Hesse-Nassau along with the duchy of Nassau and the city of Frankfurt am Main.
- Hot Enough for You? Words for the Summer Heat
- Where Does 'Run-of-the-Mill' Come From?
- The Provenance of 'Providence'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 8/16/19
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Summer 2019 Words of the Day Quiz Take the quiz
- Obscure Shapes Take the quiz
- Name That Thing Take the quiz
- SCRABBLE® Sprint Play the game