Hap·lor·chis | \ haˈplȯrkə̇s\
Definition of Haplorchis
: a genus of minute digenetic trematodes (family Heterophyidae) infesting the intestines of flesh-eating birds and mammals and occasionally humans in tropical areas
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- The Provenance of 'Providence'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 8/16/19
- Lovelock to Trichologist: 8 Words About Hair
- The Haiku That Can Pay You Contest Winners
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?