Definition of Hampshire
(Entry 1 of 2)
1 : any of a British breed of large hornless black-faced mutton-producing sheep
— called also Hampshire Down
2 : any of an American breed of black white-belted swine
Definition of Hampshire (Entry 2 of 2)
county of southern England on the English Channel; capital Winchester area 1509 square miles (3908 square kilometers), population 1,317,788
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- 7 Words Related to "Work"
- The Parts of the Fruit: Seed, Pericarp, and More
- The Trick to Choosing 'Pawn Off' or 'Palm Off'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 9/13/19
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?