Haleakala Cratergeographical name
Definition of Haleakala Crater
crater of a dormant volcano 10,023 feet (3055 meters) high on eastern Maui, Hawaii, in Haleakala National Park
Note: Haleakala Crater is more than 2500 feet (762 meters) deep and 20 miles (32 kilometers) in circumference.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Word Puzzles Take the quiz
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Add Diction Play the game