Gym·no·sporangium | \ ¦jim(ˌ)nō +\
Definition of Gymnosporangium
: a genus of heteroecious rusts (family Pucciniaceae) that have mostly 2-celled teliospores whose pedicels and walls form a gelatinous mass when wet, that in the telial stage produce galls on cedars and other conifers of the genera Juniperus and Libocedrus, and that in the aecial stage cause rust spots on the leaves and fruit of apples, pears, and other plants of the family Rosaceae — see apple rust
Keep scrolling for more
to affect and impair by alcohol or a drug
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Words from Greek and Latin Quiz Take the quiz
- Name That Thing: Animal Edition Take the quiz
- How Strong Is Your Vocabulary? Take the quiz
- SCRABBLE® Sprint Play the game