variants: or formerly Portuguese Guinea
Definition of Guinea-Bissau
republic in western Africa south of Senegal; until 1974 a Portuguese colony; capital Bissau area 13,948 square miles (36,125 square kilometers), population 1,833,000
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- Casting Light on 'Angel'
- Words We're Watching: 'Lewk'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 11/8/19
- Words We're Watching: 'Nibling'
Ask the Editors
- Confusing Words—A Quiz Take the quiz
- Here Be Dragons: A Creature Identification Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Bee Cubed Play the game