Definition of Guadeloupe
two islands, Basse-Terre (or Guadeloupe proper) and Grande-Terre, in French West Indies in the central Leeward Islands; an overseas department of France; capital Basse-Terre (on Basse-Terre Island) area 582 square miles (1507 square kilometers), population 403,355
incapable of being surmounted or overcome
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Words for Summer: A Quiz Take the quiz
- Finance Words Quiz Take the quiz
- Name That Thing Take the quiz
- Word Winder's CrossWinder Play the game