Gryl·lo·blat·to·dea | \ ˌgrilō(ˌ)blaˈtōdēə\
Definition of Grylloblattodea
: a small extremely primitive suborder of Orthoptera often considered a separate order and comprising a few soft-bodied unpigmented wingless insects with long cerci and antennae and commonly no eyes or ocelli that occur near snow in mountains of western North America and Japan and constitute a single family
Keep scrolling for more
showing great care, attention, and effort
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Finance Words Quiz Take the quiz
- Namesakes Word Quiz Take the quiz
- Name That Thing Take the quiz
- Syn City Play the game