Great Barrier Reefgeographical name
Definition of Great Barrier Reef
coral reef 1250 miles (2012 kilometers) long in the Coral Sea off the northeast coast of Queensland, Australia
Note: Most of the Great Barrier Reef is designated a marine park.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Words from Greek and Latin Quiz Take the quiz
- Name That Thing: Animal Edition Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Citation Play the game