Definition of Grant's zebra
: a zebra that is a variety (Equus burchelli granti) of Burchell's zebra distinguished by complete lack of shadow striping and is widely distributed from Sudan and Ethiopia to Uganda and Kenya — compare chapman's zebra
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- We Added New Words to the Dictionary for September 2019
- 7 Words Related to "Work"
- The Parts of the Fruit: Seed, Pericarp, and More
- The Trick to Choosing 'Pawn Off' or 'Palm Off'
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?