Gow·en cypress | \ ˈgau̇ən-\
Definition of Gowen cypress
: a small tree or shrub (Cupressus goveniana) with erect or stiff branches, spherical cones, and light green to yellowish leaves that is native to California and used as an ornamental
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- The Parts of the Fruit: Seed, Pericarp, and More
- The Trick to Choosing 'Pawn Off' or 'Palm Off'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 9/13/19
- A Guide to Using Colons
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?