Gor·go·na·cea | \ ˌgȯ(r)gəˈnāshēə\
Definition of Gorgonacea
: an order of Alcyonaria distinguished from Alcyonacea chiefly by an axial skeleton covered and secreted by a cellular coenenchyme extending between the zooids or polyps that is usually rather horny and commonly of branching form
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- We Added New Words to the Dictionary for September 2019
- 7 Words Related to "Work"
- The Parts of the Fruit: Seed, Pericarp, and More
- The Trick to Choosing 'Pawn Off' or 'Palm Off'
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?