Gor·di·oi·dea | \ ˌgȯ(r)dēˈȯidēə\
Definition of Gordioidea
: an order of Nematomorpha comprising freshwater forms parasitic as larvae in terrestrial or aquatic arthropods, lacking natatory bristles, and having the body cavity largely obscured by mesenchyme
Keep scrolling for more
an act or instance of returning to life
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Words from Greek and Latin Quiz Take the quiz
- Name That Thing: Animal Edition Take the quiz
- How Strong Is Your Vocabulary? Take the quiz
- Word Winder's CrossWinder Play the game