Definition of Glover tower
: a large packed tower that is situated before the chambers in the chamber process of making sulfuric acid and that serves especially to cool the hot mixture of sulfur dioxide and air on its way to the chambers, to supply water vapor, to remove the nitrogen oxides from nitrous vitriol entering at the top from the Gay-Lussac tower, and to concentrate sulfuric acid also entering at the top from the chambers
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- We Added New Words to the Dictionary for September 2019
- 7 Words Related to "Work"
- The Parts of the Fruit: Seed, Pericarp, and More
- The Trick to Choosing 'Pawn Off' or 'Palm Off'
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?