Gi·raf·fa | \ jə̇ˈrafə\
Definition of Giraffa
: a genus of artiodactylous mammals comprising the giraffes which together with the okapis and extinct related forms constitute a family and sometimes a superfamily of Artiodactyla
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 8/16/19
- Lovelock to Trichologist: 8 Words About Hair
- The Haiku That Can Pay You Contest Winners
- Must 'Collide' Mean Two Moving Objects?
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?