Gig·ar·ti·na | \ ˌjigə(r)ˈtīnə, -tēnə\
Definition of Gigartina
: the type genus of Gigartinaceae comprising red algae mainly of the Pacific ocean having fleshy or cartilaginous compressed fronds with numerous outgrowths resembling teats on which the cystocarps are born
Keep scrolling for more
an act or instance of editing or removing
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- 12 Words For A Lunar Travelogue
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 7/19/19
- On ‘Perpetrate’ and ‘Perpetuate’
- 13 Verbs From The Breakfast Table
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?